Preventing dental issues before they start is the best way to ensure your oral and overall health, making your trip to the dentist as easy as possible.
At Warson Woods Family Dentistry, we provide a variety of services to maintain your healthy smile. We recommend:
- Regular exams at least every six months whether you have concerns or not
- Periodic radiographs (X-rays) as needed, but at least once a year to catch and treat decay or other problems that can’t be seen with the naked eye
- Regular cleanings at least twice a year or more if you have gum disease or difficulty keeping teeth clean between appointments
- Fluoride treatment for adults and children at every cleaning appointment for an extra layer of protection against cavities
- Oral cancer screenings at least once a year to help detect suspicious lesions as early as possible and get treatment if necessary
- Mouthguards (athletic or nightguards)- A mouthguard is a flexible or rigid appliance that is generally worn during athletic activities to prevent injuries such as broken teeth, fractured jaws, and concussions. A mouthguard custom made on a model of your teeth is far more comfortable and effective in preventing injury than any you may get over the counter. Nightguards are similar appliances that are worn while the patient sleeps to prevent nighttime grinding and wear to the teeth.